Friday 2 September 2011

Revision

It's exam time. I'm revising. I'm not enjoying it.


Normally I love finding things out. I think I have a very inquisitive mind. The problem is that I find revision contracts the intellectual ability (such as it is). There is something about having to know something which makes it almost impossible to remember.


The subject matter doesn't help much. It's business law. Some of the stuff is genuinely very interesting; unfortunately it is balanced by a lot of stuff that really isn't. What really doesn't help is that the idea of business evades me entirely. I really cannot relate to it. I struggle to relate to the idea of making money for the sake of making money. Don't get me wrong, the idea of making a few quid appeals (suits from saville row and an Aston Martin wouldn't go amiss) but I want to do it something with an outcome other than profit. Profit for profit's sake reminds me of friends from school that were into computers. They regarded the use of a computer to complete the task as the desireable outcome rather than the completion of the task.


Returning to the topic of exams; the revision process is made all the more arduous by the fact I don't usually perform brilliantly in exams and certainly not commensurate to my subject knowledge. Exams seem to be an arbitrary way of trying to find out how much someone knows. Then again, I can't think of a better system off the top of my head so, like everyone else, I will have to grin and bear it. At least I'm still aliv

They could, of course, just accept I'm wonderful! Night night.

JR

No comments:

Post a Comment