Friday 30 March 2012

Pastygate

Anyone who has seen a paper in the last couple of days will see that David Cameron is being hauled over the coals for saying he liked pastys then incorrectly recalling when he last had one.

Does anyone else think his is total bullshit? I can confidently say I like pastys, fish and chips, cider and yorkie bars. That doesn't mean I can remember in any detail when I last had any of them (apart from being fairly certain the cider was being consumed in a pub). If pushed by some idiot to come up with details of any of them, I would give my best guess. The fact that Mr Cameron got the details of his last pasty wrong is not a sign of dishonesty, it's just a sign that he's got better things to think about... Like running the country!

At least it's not as bad as the story, possibly apocryphal, of the very middle-class labour politician (I heard this first as Peter Mandleson although again, that might just have been the version doing the rounds at the time) trying to prove he was a man of the people by ordering fish and chips and then spoiling it by pointing at the mushy peas and asking for some of the guacamole!

Bottom line, nobody has perfext recall of every detail they ever encounter. Let's move off the trivia and on to the important stuff.

JR

No comments:

Post a Comment