Friday 26 October 2012

Be Careful what you Joke About

During the Diamond Jubilee celebrations much was made about the fact that, at a street party attended by Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall, two verses of 'God Save The Queen' were sung.

At the time, I joked to my girlfriend that only immigrants knew both verses and that was due to their need to pass citizenship tests.

Well it appears my joke may not have been too far from the truth. An article in today's Telegraph (link to follow) is saying that now, migrants have greater knowledge of British culture than native Brits.

Life imitating art or what?

I now predict that I will win the lottery and Pippa Middleton will stumble across my profile on facebook and decide she's madly in love with me. Here's hoping anyway.

JR

No comments:

Post a Comment