Tuesday 21 August 2012

Three Little Words

Today my girlfriend said three magic little words to me. I swelled with joy and pride when I heard them. Even now, hours later, I am still glowing. Despite my lack of written evidence for the statement, it made my day.

We were having an enthusiastic discussion. The point isn't relevant to this anecdote, suffice to say that we were or polar opposing viewpoints. Naturally I was doing my best to educate her and alert her to the correct point of opinion however she was not at all receptive. I was drawing on all my advocacy training and skills. Point after point was being made and, gently, driven home.

Just as I was planning a series of closed questions (ones that can only be answered "yes" or "no") to bring her round when it happened. She stopped. The silence was deafening. She turns to look at me. Stares into my eyes with an inscrutable expression and says...

"You were right!"

JR


No comments:

Post a Comment