Monday 2 January 2012

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to one and all. I hope it brings happiness, success and prosperity to everyone out there.

My new year was spent by the fireside with my parents and a good malt. It was wonderful. Unfortunately my girlfriend couldn't be with us, that would have made it perfect.

Although my parents live just outside Edinburgh, I have never really seen the point of going to the street party. The idea of standing round in the cold, crushed up against strangers with the only sustenance being a hip flask (and even that being of dubious legality). Seeing the fireworks at the castle does appeal however there are numerous points near my parents house that the castle can be seen from; in fact that has been used in the past as a signalling system. Burning beacons were lit to indicate advancing enemy.

Hope everyone else had a good day and heads weren't too sore this morning.

JR 

No comments:

Post a Comment